Jan 4, 2012

Taking a different approach this time

I admit, I'm in a funk.  Yep, I go there too - not often, but it does happen.  I typically allow myself a day or so to get out of it on my own.  Sometimes I'll call my BFF and chat through it, feeling much better and more encouraged.  Sometimes I'll spew it all out on my husband.  Sometimes I won't say a word and let it go for days = bad idea.


Does it ever feel like these bad things start taking over right before a BIG and GOOD thing happens?  Hmmmmm....

The quickest way for me to realize I'm in a rut is I start feeling very run-down and sleepy, I'm not motivated to do anything, and I'm not any fun (says my husband).  This side of me is really annoying, because it's not who I am or who I want to be.  I want to be the person who gets it all done every day, who constantly moves, the woman who is SUPER at everything.  I was exhausted all day yesterday, I went to bed at 7:30 and woke up at 6:30 this morning.  This is NOT typical for me.  I was letting "the bad" seep into my soul and take over. 

Instead of letting this bad take over, I'm going to immerse myself in good. I'm going to continue to drag myself to the gym, eat healthy and finally (and most importantly) I'm going to soak in the Word of God, and in His messengers of the Word.  I love the inspirational messages of Joel Osteen (I just signed up for his daily emails), I've done many Bible studies with Beth Moore (her blog is a great read), and Keith Moore (not related to Beth) always hits me right in the gut with his sock-it-to-ya sermons (watch them online or order his CD's for car rides, they're terrific) - oooh and I just got a new Kindle (it's a sign).  I want to bathe in it right now, soaking it through my skin and letting it resignate in my mind and spirit.  Warding off all the bad - I picture spiritual soldiers fighting evil off with their spears, one by one.  Go warriors!

Beth Moore
I'll be back to my fun self in no time at all!

{ UPDATE } I downloaded the Daily Readings from It's Your Time, by Joel Osteen, and the first page says this:

So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good.  At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up or quit. - Galatians 6:9 

Exactly what I needed.

What do you do when you're in a funk?  Any special tips you want to share?

No comments: