Mar 22, 2012

Girls Trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico

I'm so excited to share this trip with you, I'm still beaming from it.  I'm at that point with my girls where they're so much fun to be around, it's like I have two little friends and I love it.  We decided to road trip to Santa Fe when an opportunity arose through my other biz, Sugar Loco.  I went back and forth about who to bring, but finally it felt like the right thing to do - bring my two daughters.



We had such an amazing time.  I will forever remember this trip with my two special ladies, Rose and Ella.  They love road trips and are surprisingly good in the car for hours on end - thankfully we had a little bit of technology (iPods) and some good road trippin music (I love a good mixed cd, even though my husband makes fun of me for it).

Within the first 30 minutes of our drive, we were stuck in traffic...blah. But we were still all smiles because...

...we had pie on our mind... A short 4 hours later, we stopped in Eagle Nest, NM for a Sugar Loco pie tasting...Details coming soon.  Here's a peek at the damage we did. Proud mama.

Next up, Santa Fe, where we checked into the Inn and Spa at Loretto, rustic, charming, gorgeous and right next to the Loretto Chapel.  Literally, my view the next morning while sipping my coffee... Oh and did I mention, this hotel treats you like you're a rock star?  Uh huh...

Outside the Loretto Chapel.  Beautiful.


What an amazing chapel, and even more amazing story.  If you know nothing about this Miraculous Staircase, click on over here to read the story.  We all decided this was the highlight of our trip. 






This trip with my girls was a fun, and surprisingly, relaxing trip. Santa Fe is full of art, history and food, and totally what you make of it, could be completely busy or totally low key.  We did a little shopping, ate a little food...Oh and before we left, we sunk our teeth into these Nutella Crepes for breakfast.  What a memory to leave with.

What was the last trip you took with your kiddos? 





No comments: