Jun 25, 2012

True Companion

Before the days of iTunes (yes that really existed), I heard this song at a friend's wedding, it was their first dance song.  It got me then and it still gets me today.  Years passed, I forgot all about this song, but I hear it every once in a while (at the grocery store of all places). Major heartbreak occurred during those years after that wedding and after having my two daughters.  Faith in love was lost, faith in honesty, and the pure goodness of people was muddled - my safe world was rocked.  The question that kept going through my head was: who would want a previously married, now single mom?



When I listen to this song, I think about how truly blessed I am to have the man I do.  Standing by me, with all of my quirks and day dreams (I've got a lot you know) - without him my crazy dreams wouldn't be allowed to be fulfilled.  I admire his steadiness, it grounds me.  I admire his heart for his biological son and for two daughters who are not by his blood, but you'd never know it by the way he treats them.  I admire the way he treats me and cares for me.


And dang, my man is gorgeous to boot.  God really blessed me well beyond my imagination with this one.


There aren't too many things that get me all emotional, so if this does it for me?  I know it's going to make you weep like a baby. It gets me, right in the gut.  Not in a bad way, in the most spectacular - WOW-you-really-hit-the-nail-on-the-head-Marc-Cohn kinda way.
 

Yes, God blessed me, I owe my devout praise to Him.  We've been married almost 5 years, after dating for 4 months and engaged for 6 weeks.  I bawled like a baby, to my best friend, the day before we flew to Las Vegas for our super quaint wedding.  Like, the ugly cry bawled, baaaad puffy eyes the next day cry.  But it was the good kinda cry, the I'm not worthy cry, the I still can't believe he wants to marry me AND my two daughters cry.  The God is so good cry.  


What's the song that gets you in the gut?  Post a link to it.

2 comments:

ParkerMama said...

I have also been blessed in the eternal companion department. I have no idea how I would make it without the love and support of my husband.

Get Clued In! said...

Awww.... wow... you made me tear up - beautiful story. And who wouldn't you lady? You are perfect to me! So happy for you!