Aug 7, 2012

Business: Support

Good support is a must have in your undergarments and in entrepreneurship.  Seriously, they go hand in hand.  So often I get tagged as having an ultra glam job, going everywhere, doing amazing things. And don't get me wrong, I'm obsessed with business, I LOVE the opportunities that come my way through both Sugar Loco and Monkey Toes, I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams.  But, my passion and drive still craves more and more.

But as an entrepreneur, you're constantly taking risks to stand up on those mountains that the fans see.  They have no idea how many No's you had to hear to get there, or how you just may not be able to make payments on your credit line for the past three months.  A support system helps you to process these times.  The good, the bad, the ugly.  It's important to surround yourself with people who genuinely care - be weary of those expressing any sort of competition, it won't end well and you don't need that on this journey.  

Why am I telling you this?  Not sure, maybe divinely inspired. Maybe you needed to hear that?  Maybe this is for me? 


Email someone who is local to you or even just someone you admire and see how you can connect.  There are plenty of people out there willing to give you the time, because they know just how hard this trip is.  

Also, I've had to let a lot of things rest on Him.  The ultimate comforter, the ultimate task-master, the most efficient.  Without faith, this whole thing would be one complete "HUH?".  

Hebrews 12:1-3 says,

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloudof witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverancethe race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.


Agree? Disagree?  Share your thoughts with me....  


2 comments:

Amanda Moreno Duke said...

Very well said! And YOU are a perfect example of a good support system! I'm so glad to have met you & glad that we've had chances to collaborate. But more importantly, thankful for all if your wisdom & help along the way. XOXO

Dennis Ng said...

Yeah.. Indeed. Well said.
Hope I can be like you... as a great entrepreneur..